When it comes to home maintenance and home improvement, the basement and crawl space are areas that are often overlooked, out of sight and out of mind. However, these damp dark places could use a little TLC. If left unaddressed, they could be overtaken by mold growth, standing water, rotting wood, and other expensive foundation repair problems.
That’s where we come in! Michigan Basements has a local team for professional basement waterproofing and airtight crawl space encapsulation in Royal Oak, Michigan.
Contact us online or call (248) 327-0065 now for a FREE inspection and estimate!
Preventing Mold Growth in Crawl Spaces
It’s easy to miss water damage in a basement, but standing water from foundation leaks can weaken your foundation walls and even threaten the structural integrity of an entire building. Due to condensation and humid air, there’s risk for moisture to accumulate in a crawl space or basement. If there’s a dripping pipe or other leak nearby, you may be dealing with rapid growth of mold and bacteria. Even if your basement has a sump pump drainage system for detecting flooding and draining excess water, you’ll still need to eliminate ground moisture and reduce relative humidity.
How do you achieve this? Call in the pros at Michigan Basements. Our innovative triple-protection waterproofing systems and wall liners keep basements and crawl spaces dry and safe for years to come. We seal cracks, gaps, and holes and properly direct rainwater for drainage. The encapsulation process also keeps vapor, moisture, and harmful gases from getting into your home.
Whether you need help recovering from basement flooding or simply want to take preventative measures to preserve property value, Michigan Basements delivers the services you need to keep a home’s foundation dry, stable, and safe. Call now for complete basement waterproofing solutions, crawl space encapsulation, and foundation repair services.
Contact us online or call (248) 327-0065 for a FREE home inspection and FREE estimate!
How Does Crawl Space Encapsulation Work?
When it comes to your crawl space, encapsulation involves wrapping a moisture & vapor barrier on the floors and walls, turning the crawl space into a clean, dry capsule. The barrier, often made of heavy-duty polyethylene, keeps ground moisture from seeping into the crawl space. An encapsulated crawl space reduces the amount of humid air coming into your living space.
Along with creating a more comfortable environment throughout your home, waterproofing the crawl space through encapsulation helps you avoid potentially costly issues: It reduces the risk of mold and lessens the likelihood that termites or other insects and pests will take up residence and damage your home foundation.
Improving the air quality in the crawl space and throughout your home also helps you maintain the proper humidity, so your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system doesn’t have to work as hard. Less stress on the HVAC helps extend the life of this critical household system and leads to lower utility bills!
The basic process of encapsulating a crawl space involves:
- Assessing and cleaning the crawl space. The clean-up is important: While the barrier installed during basement encapsulation is strong and sturdy, rocks and sharp debris could damage it and are best removed before installation.
- Measuring and cutting the barrier material to fit the room. This is where the old, “measure twice, cut once,” rule comes in handy: The material needs to allow for proper overlap and sealing.
- Encapsulating the crawl space. The vapor and moisture barrier is mechanically fastened to the walls, laid over the floors, and sealed.
- Maintaining proper humidity. Once the crawl space is fully encapsulated, it’s important to maintain the proper level of humidity in the room going forward. Crawl space dehumidifiers can be installed to keep the humidity level at a healthy 45-50%.
Benefits of Crawl Space Encapsulation & Vapor Barrier for Basement Walls
- Improved indoor air quality
- Odor elimination
- Energy efficiency
- Moisture control
- Mold and mildew control
- Pest control
- Creates more usable space in your home
- Reduces soil gases (such as radon gas and methane)
- Protects entire home from water leaks, dry rot, and wood rot
- Lowers risk of respiratory problems by reducing mold, dust mites, and other allergens
- Same-day professional installation and fast clean-up!
Call Michigan Basements for Foundation Repairs, Crawl Space Moisture Control, and Basement Waterproofing Service in Royal Oak MI
For over a decade, Michigan Basements has provided affordable crawlspace encapsulation, vapor barriers, and basement waterproofing in Royal Oak and across Oakland County. Here’s the rundown:
- Open and honest communication
- No-cost inspections and assessments
- Customized crawl space systems and sump pump solutions
- Bonded and insured, with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau
- Customer satisfaction is 100% guaranteed!
Crawl space encapsulation and foundation waterproofing doesn’t have to be invasive or frustrating. We get in and out fast and we aim to keep your home clean and protected the entire time. We maintain compliance with building codes and obtain all necessary permits before we start. Plus, each waterproofing system and vapor barrier installation job is backed by a full warranty and can be finished in as little as one day!
Depending on the size of the treatment area, crawl space encapsulation cost varies from case to case. We work with you to develop a moisture control strategy that best fits your home and gets these tight spaces under control. If you are concerned about crawl space encapsulation cost, check out our flexible and affordable financing options from Greensky. Call (248) 327-0065 to learn more about the application process.
Call Now for A Free Estimate for Basement Waterproofing in Royal Oak, MI
A small drip, leak, or crack in a foundation wall isn’t just a minor inconvenience; it can create huge foundation problems and other expensive repairs in the future. Fortunately, professional waterproofing stops mold and mildew problems before they start.
To prevent moisture issues and protect your home from devastating water damage, call Michigan Basements now. We’re proud to serve the Royal Oak, MI community and the Metro Detroit area, and we’d be glad to add you to our list of satisfied customers!
Contact us online or call (248) 327-0065 now for your FREE estimate.